As a part of the European project ESM2025, the Office for Climate Education is organizing a Climate Education Summer University (CESU) in July 2022 in Toulouse, France. This first edition of the CESU is designed for middle school teachers and teacher trainers from all over Europe.
As part of the European ESM2025 project, the Office for Climate Education (OCE), a center under the auspices of UNESCO, of which Météo-France is a founding member, will be organizing a Climate Education Summer University.
This Summer University will be implemented by OCE trainers, with the participation of researchers (including doctoral students), engineers or mediators from the various partners of the ESM2025 project (in particular, Météo France).
This event will take place from the 18th to the 22nd of July 2022, and will welcome around 30 middle school teachers and teacher trainers for a full week of professional development workshops.
By participating in the CESU, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Become familiar with the key concepts of climate change (mechanism, origin, impacts, adaptation/mitigation, etc.)
- Become familiar with active pedagogies (in particular the inquiry-based pedagogy and project-based pedagogy) through immersive workshops (experiments, role plays, debates, etc.)
- Meet researchers and discover how science is done (with a focus on climate modelling, the theme of the ESM2025 project)
- Discuss with other education professionals working in Europe: discover projects, share good practices, etc.
- Discover turnkey educational tools for the classroom or training sessions
- Be involved into the production of classroom resources that address the topic of climate simulation
- Share climate change education projects for the classroom or training
After attending the CESU, participants who choose to implement educational projects in their respective countries will have access to support from the OCE.
There are no application fees; transportation, accommodation, breakfast and lunch fees will be covered by the event organizers.
Registrations are close.
The program for the entire week is available here .