The Office for Climate Education is operated by:
- a Strategic committee;
- a Scientific and pedagogical committee;
- an Operational team (also called "Executive secretariat").
The Strategic board is responsible for steering the OCE. Its president is Eric Guilyardi and its members are:
- Luc Abbadie, Director of the Institute for Environmental Transition of Sorbonne University;
- Jean Jouzel, President of Météo et Climat, France;
- Hervé Roquet, Research assistant director of Météo France;
- Daniel Rouan, President of the Foundation La main à la pate, France;
- Marie-Lise Sabrié, Director of the Scientific culture and technologic mission of the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD), France.
- Barbara Filtzinger, Responsible for education at the Siemens Stiftung, Germany;
- Eric Guilyardi, Oceanographer and climate scientist, Institut Pierre Simon Laplace (IPSL), France;
- Anna Pirani, Head of the technical support unit of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) working group 1, France;
- Jean-Loup Puget, Académie des sciences, France
- Stefan Rahmstorf, Professor at the Potsdam-Institut für Klimafolgenforschung (PIK), Germany.
- Pierre Léna, Académie des sciences, Honorary president of the Foundation La main à la pâte;
- David Wilgenbus, Chief executive officer of the OCE.
Scientific and pedagogical committee
In January 2020, the Scientific and Pedagogical Committee is chaired by Cliona Murphy.
The other members are:
- Juan Carlos Andrade, Pedagogic project officer, Innovec, Mexico;
- Stéphan Baillargeon, Director of the Regional pole for science and technology education, Québec, Canada;
- Badin Borde, Education project manager, Siemens Stiftung, Germany;
- Sanny Djohan, Director of PT Kuark Internasional, Indonesia;
- Jean-Louis Dufresne, Research Director at the National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), France;
- Serge Janicot, climate scientist at the Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD), France;
- Pramod Kumar Sharma, Senior Director of Education, Foundation for Environmental Education, Danemark;
- Maria Martin, Climate physicist, Potsdam-Institut für Klimafolgenforschung (PIK), Germany;
- Claudia Martinez, Executive Director, Educator Programs and CA Subject Matter Project, Diversity and Engagement, University of California Office of the President, USA;
- Cliona Murphy, Associate professor at the Institute of Education, Dublin City University, Ireland;
- Minal Pathak, Senior Scientist, technical support unit of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Working Group III, India;
- Elvira Poloczanska, Science Advisor to the IPCC Working Group II Co-Chairs and TSU, Germany;
- Anwar Rumjaun, Associate Professor at the Mauritius Institute of Education, Mauritius;
- Jenny Schlüpmann, Physicist, Freie Universität Berlin, Germany;
- Vincent Viguié, Economist, Centre international de recherche sur l’environnement et le développement (CIRED), France;
- Gabrielle Zimmermann, Biologist and teacher trainer, Foundation La main à la pâte, France